Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) Program
DOCOMO PACIFIC remains committed to ensuring qualifying customers have access to affordable broadband services through the Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) Program.
This temporary program was established by Congress to help households economically affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
What is the Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) Program?
- Up to a $50/month discount on select broadband services and associated equipment rentals
A household is eligible if one member of the household meets at least one of the criteria below:
- Qualifies for the Lifeline Program;
- Receives benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program (between SY2019-2020)
- Receives benefits under the USDA Community Eligibility Provision (between SY2019-2020)
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year;
- Experienced a substantial loss of income since February 29, 2020, with a HH total income of below $99,000 in 2020 for single filers and $198,000 for joint filers
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating providers’ existing low-income or COVID-19 program
Proof of Eligibility
A subscriber must provide a photocopy of qualifying documents as proof demonstrating eligibility based on the following criteria below.
At least one member of the household should:
- Have household income at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines for a household of that size; or
- Receive benefits from one of the following federal assistance programs: Medicaid; Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program; Supplemental Security Income; Federal Public Housing Assistance; or Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit; or
- Applied for and been approved to receive benefits under the free and reduced-price lunch program under the Richard B. Russell National School Lunch Act or the school breakfast program under section 4 of the Child Nutrition Act of 1966.
- Experienced a substantial loss of income since February 29, 2020, that is documented by layoff or furlough notice, application for unemployment insurance benefits, or similar documentation or that is otherwise verifiable through the National Verifier; or
- Received a Federal Pell Grant under section 401 of the Higher Education Act of 1965 (20 U.S.C. § 1070a) in the current award year, if such award is verifiable through the National Verifier or the participating provider verifies eligibility under section 54.1606(a)(2) of title 47, Code of Federal Regulations; or
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating provider’s existing low-income or COVID–19 program, subject to the requirements of section 54.1606(a)(2) of title 47, Code of Federal Regulations; or
What rate plans are eligible?
EBB benefits can be applied to a select fixed or mobile service plan for both new and existing customers. A limit of one EBB benefit discount may be applied per eligible household.
If your household is eligible, you can receive a discount of up to $50 per month on a select fixed or mobile service plan.
60 MbpsDownload Speed
3 MbpsUpload Speed
DISCLOSURE: EBB is a non-transferable and is limited to one discount per household. It is a temporary emergency federal government benefit program operated by the Federal Communications Commission and, upon its conclusion, customers will be subject to the provider’s regular rates, terms, and conditions.
Disclaimer: If your household is eligible, you can receive up to a $50/month discount on select broadband services plans.
EBB is a non-transferable and is limited to one discount per household. It is a temporary emergency federal government benefit program operated by the Federal Communications Commission and, upon its conclusion, customers will be subject to the provider's regular rates, terms, and conditions.
When will the benefit be available to eligible customers?
DOCOMO PACIFIC will begin accepting EBB customers shortly after the FCC launches its program on May 13, 2021 at 2pm.
Eligible households can enroll through DOCOMO PACIFIC or directly with the Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC) using an online or mail-in application. Additional information about the Emergency Broadband Benefit is available at www.fcc.gov/broadbandbenefit.
Book an appointment here to learn more about how you can qualify for EBB Program benefits! DOCOMO PACIFIC Tamuning HQ and Gualo Rai will be designated for EBB inquiries and customer processing.
You may also complete our Customer Order Form by scrolling down to the bottom of this page.
What is the Lifeline Assistance Program?
DOCOMO PACIFIC's LifeLine/Link-Up Assistance Program is the Low-Income Program of the Universal Service Fund and is designed to benefit residential subscribers who are receiving assistance through one or more government benefit programs.
|Lifeline - Mobile||$24.00|
|Unlimited Local Voice|
|Unlimited Local SMS|
|Lifeline - Mobile Rates|
|E911 & LNP Fee||Waived|
Lifeline Mobile Plan applies to local airtime only.
Long distance calls are permitted. Standard toll charges apply based on destination and duration.
Features include: Call Waiting | Caller ID | Busy Transfer | 3-Way Calling | Expanded Home Coverage - Guam & CNMI
|Lifeline - Online||$95.00|
|Up to 50 Mbps download|
|Up to 2 Mbps upload|
|3 WiFi Logins|
Service rate & features listed apply to local only services. DOCOMO PACIFIC reserves the right to impose download caps as needed to ensure the highest quality of service for all customers. Online services are subject to "Acceptable Use Policy". Advertised speeds are "up to" speeds. DOCOMO PACIFIC WiFi Data cap for Online 50.0 is 20GB/month. Rates are subject to change. Offer valid for residential customers. Some conditions apply.
|Lifeline - Landline||$11.49|
|Unlimited Local Calling|
Long distance calls are permitted. Standard toll charges apply based on destination and duration. Features include: 6 FREE Basic Features (Caller ID, Call Waiting, Call Forwarding, 3-way Calling, Speed Dialing, Find Me Follow Me)
*Disclaimer: DOCOMO Pacific Digital Phone is available with 911 service, however in the event of a power outage, both your phone service and 911 service will be unavailable. Some restrictions may apply. Offer valid for residential customers only.
Terms and Conditions may apply to Lifeline services
DOCOMO PACIFIC's Lifeline Assistance Program is the Low Income Program of the Universal Service Fund and is designed to benefit residential subscribers who are receiving assistance through one or more of the following programs:
- SNAP/Food Stamps
- Supplimental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Veterans Pension or Survivors Pension Benefit; or
- Total household income at or below 135% of Federal Poverty Guidelines
Universal Service Fund - Low Income Program
The component of the Low Income Programs:
- Lifeline - Reduces monthly charges for basic telephone service.
Eligibility Requirements for Residential Subscribers:
In order to meet and qualify for these rates, you must obtain a 'Certification of Eligibility' from a Life Line qualifying agency or program, for example: Department of Public Health & Social Services (DPH&SS), Social Security Office, Guam Department of Education National Lunch Program, the Guam Housing and Urban Renewal Authority (GHURA), etc.
In addition, the residential subscriber receiving the assistance must be the named participant of the qualifying program. One discount is allowed per household, limited to one service. Lifeline is a government benefit plan and is not transferable. Other conditions may apply.
|Household Size||48 Contiguous States, DC, & Territories||Alaska||Hawaii|
|For each additional person, add||$6,048||$7,560||$6,953|
Note: The Federal Poverty Guidelines are adjusted annually, and the above chart reflects guidelines for 2020.https://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty-guidelines
We will call or email you within one (1) working day to complete your order.