Postpaid Roaming Guide
For the best roaming capabilities, ensure you have the latest DOCOMO PACIFIC SIM card inserted in your mobile device.
If your mobile device has any of these SIM cards, please visit any DOCOMO PACIFIC retail store to switch to the NEW Multi-IMSI SIM Card for FREE!
Our new Multi-IMSI SIM card offers expanded roaming capabilities to the following destinations:
Data To Go
Stay connected with your local data plan when you travel. Currently available in 17 countries for $10 a day
How it works
While abroad stay connected with access to your local data plan. You will be automatically charged $10 for 24-hour access to your local data bucket. During that period, you can use your local data plan to email, post on social media, find your way in unfamiliar places, convert currency, translate languages and more.
What is Data To Go?
With Data To Go you can use your Local Data plan while traveling abroad in 17 countries for a low daily fee. Instead of being charged per MB you'll be charged $10/ a day per device, only for each 24-hour period you use your device in any of the 17 countries where Data To Go is available. Enable data roaming for mobile line prior to traveling simply by calling or visiting a DOCOMO PACIFIC location. Charges won't be incurred until you use data services while abroad.
- South Korea
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- United Kingdom
To use cellular data, turn on Cellular Data Roaming in your device settings. Ensure Data Roaming is enabled on your phone
- Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Data Roaming > Select ON
- Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks > Data Roaming > Select ON
How to help manage costs & data use
- Before you reach your 24-hour access period and you no longer want to be charged, turn off data roaming to avoid being charged an additional $10/day.
- Save data by connecting to Wi-Fi, especially if you download, or send and receive large files.
- View usage and manage your local data bucket with MyData+ Web App at www.docomopacific.com/mydata
Manage your apps
Some apps consume more data than others. Knowing this in advance of your travels can help you avoid unexpected charges. Consider monitoring usage of:
- Apps that use location like navigation, news, and weather
- Social Media
- Video Chatting
- Games with heavy graphics that require an internet connection
- Disable any apps running in the background that you're not using
- Streaming content is extremely data intensive
Disable auto-check on email
- Switch your phone's email settings from “Push” to “Fetch”. This allows you to manually download your email when connected to Wi-Fi.
Use Wi-Fi connections when available
- Wi-Fi usage does not count toward your data allowance
Data usage with iMessage
- iMessage (and other calling messaging apps) are treated as data rather than as a text message
Use your local number to stay connected while traveling abroad
|USA||Japan||Palau||Asia & FSM||Europe & Africa||Australia|
For more information on other roaming charges please visit www.docomopacific.com/mobile/postpaid/services/postpaid-roaming
*Data To Go rate of $10/per day applies to Australia, Cambodia, Canada, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Macau, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, United Kingdom, and USA.
We continuously work to expand our Roaming Partnerships worldwide to provide you the most roaming destinations.