To ensure an optimal network experience for all our customers, DOCOMO PACIFIC, Inc. has implemented this Wireless Fair Use Policy, which allows us to manage overall network wireless data usage to maintain the highest and best quality of service for all our subscribers.
The current Wireless Fair Use Policy data usage limits for GUAM are:
|Data Bucket Per billing period||Rate Plan Description|
|5GB||MyPlan Lite plan|
|6GB||MyPlan S, Quad Lite & MyData Lite|
|20GB||MyPlan M & MyPlan Quad Basic|
|30GB||MyPlan L & ONE Me plans|
|40GB||MyPlan+ & MyData Extreme|
|60GB||MyFamily & ONE We|
Exceeding Usage Limits
If you exceed the applicable data usage limits, your wireless data service will be down throttled (to 256kbps download speed) for the remainder of the then-current billing period. You will still be able to access web browsing, email and instant messaging. However, high bandwidth consuming applications and high definition videos like Netflix will be affected.
You will receive a text message (SMS) when you reach 90% of your data usage limit so you are aware that you are nearing your limit. You will also receive a SMS when you reach 100% of your data usage limit so you are aware that we have reduced your data speed for the rest of the billing period. The text message will come from "3282". Data only devices are unable to receive text messages. Incoming text messages are always free.
Monitoring Data Usage
To prevent your service from being down throttled, you may text "data" to "3282" to verify your current data usage. You will receive a SMS notifying you of your current data consumption for this bill cycle and the used percentage of your total data quota. You can also monitor your data usage from the settings directly on your handset:
- View, manage, and purchase additional high-speed data
- Anchor line (Main Line) has total control of viewing, sharing, managing and purchasing additional high-speed data amongst shared lines.
- Shared lines (Add-ons) have access to view their data bucket and usage
- Launch the settings app on your Apple device.
- Select "Cellular".
- Under the "Cellular Data Usage" section you will see how much data you have used since the last time you reset your statistics.
- Scroll to "Reset Statistics".
- Scroll and select "Reset Statistics".
- Scroll to top of screen and confirm that the "Cellular Data Usage" section indicates 0 bytes to confirm that the Statistics are reset.
You are now set to monitor your data usage from your Apple device and throughout your billing cycle. You will have to remember to reset your statistics each month at the start of your billing cycle.
- Launch the Settings app on your Android device.
- Select "Data Usage".
- Under the "Data Usage" section you will see how much data you have used since the last time your statistics were reset.
- Select the dates next to "Data Usage Cycle" so that the start date of your billing cycle matches your monthly plan.
- Check mark the "Set Mobile Data Limit" box if you want your phone to block you from using mobile data after you have exceeded your data usage limit each billing cycle.
- Tap the arrows to move up and down to set the limit so that it matches your data plan.
You are now set to monitor your data usage from your Android device and throughout your billing cycle. You will have to remember to reset your statistics each month at the start of your billing cycle.
MiFi Device (Sierra 770s)
Your data usage is displayed on the LCD/screen of the device. The data usage amount resets every month at the start of your billing cycle.
Additional Data Purchase (Optional)
If the data usage limit is reached you may opt to purchase an additional 250MB, 500MB,1GB and/or 3GB of high speed data service for an additional charge (250MB for $3, 500MB for $6, 1GB for $10, 3GB for $25). This charge will be added to your next monthly invoice. To purchase additional data services, mobile subscribers can send "Topup" to "3282" and follow the instructions to add data. Data only subscribers may contact our Customer Care center at (671) 688. CARE (2273) for Guam, or (670) 483.CARE (2273) for Saipan for a representative to add the additional data service.
Restoring your data speeds
At the start of your billing cycle, your data speed will return to normal. However, if your data usage exceeds your limit in any subsequent billing cycle, your wireless data service will again be down throttled for the remainder of that billing cycle.