It's unlikely given how most residential customers use the DOCOMO Pacific ONLINE Internet service.
To put this usage in perspective, 250 GB is the equivalent of:
- Sending 50 million plain text emails;
- Downloading 62,500 songs (173 days’ worth of music);
- Downloading more than 25,000 high-resolution photos; or
Streaming between about 100 to 800 hours of video (the range depends upon whether you're streaming
studio-quality video or good-quality, standard-definition video, which have different bit rates
depending upon the provider *).
* (e.g., Netflix's website reports that it offers three video quality settings for consumers, which range
from up to 0.3 GB per hour for "good quality" to up to 2.3 GB per hour for "best quality."Over an entire
year, a customer could:
- Send more than half a billion plain text emails
- Download nearly three quarters of a million songs
- Download more than 300,000 high-resolution photos
- Stream between 1,200 and 9,900 hours of movies and TV shows and do so without exceeding the threshold.
Our customers do, and are free to, use their Internet service for any purpose whatsoever – to stream,
download, or upload data – up to the applicable monthly threshold. Data consumed by all
Internet-delivered services, including Internet voice, music, video streaming and download services, and
downloading to online cloud storage, for example, count against the usage threshold.
DOCOMO Pacific ONLINE Internet service is intended to meet the needs of residential consumers, including
high-volume users. It runs on a shared network, so every user's experience is potentially affected by
his or her neighbors' usage. By applying a very high threshold on monthly consumption, we can help
preserve a good online experience for everyone.